The Medium Term Outlook for the GBP/USD using Elliott Wave analysis is best figured out by starting your query from the longer term chart. A clear five wave decline from 2007 ended in 2009. That decline is being corrected in a 3 wave pattern, ABC. We seem to be in Wave C at the moment, and it will be invaluable information to the trader/investor/corporate treasurer to know in advance where wave C might end, and what will happen then. The three charts presented here shows you the way.
I have tentatively posted my expectation for the move to finish at 1.7010/1.7070 after which we should see a huge move down, perhaps back all the way to 1.4850 area. Keep an eye on WaveTimes as we will fine tune the terminal points as we get nearer the said targets. Your immediate clue is we are going up now, perhaps to a new high for this year, but just when you think it will keep going up, things will suddenly take a turn for the worse. Be prepared!
Click for Ramki’s Book
Special Update: Reminder
Subscribe for Free
Seeking Alpha Gold Certification
Ramki’s articles on FORBES
Ramki’s Elliott Wave articles on MARKETWATCH
Ramki’s Articles on Seeking Alpha
- Elliott Wave Analysis of Dubai Stock Index (DFM Gen Index) (4)
- Elliott Wave Analysis of India’s Sensex – October 2012 (92)
- ICICI , L&T, and Unitech: Elliott Wave update of some popular Indian Stocks (40)
- Elliott Wave Analysis of Hindustan Unilever Ltd (6)
- Trading Apple using Elliott Waves (4)